Wednesday 26 April 2006

Just when I thought I was out...

I got back to Rennes. I guess I could tell how. The flight to Singapore was OK, watched many movies although the system was not video-on-demand, first time I haven't had that on a Singapore Airlines flight. In Singapore I lashed out and bought wifi access, since I didn't feel comfortable paying for a train ticket using the free internet machines. The flight to Paris went well - I had a window in the exit aisle, which meant I could straighten one leg, which was something. After the meal I popped a couple of sleeping pills and zonked out for 8 or 9 hours.

In Paris, I grabbed my suitcase pretty quickly, jumped the shuttle bus to the RER station and caught a slowish RER down to Denfert-Rochereau, then a metro to Montparnasse, getting there with 15 minutes to spare for my TGV to Rennes. I was going to go into Rennes in the afternoon to get my hair cut and stuff, but in the end I just managed some grocery shopping and a little WoW at home.

When I hit Paris I was wondering why I'd traded Australia for France again - there was dense fog and it generally didn't feel like I'd traded "mid-Autumn" (which has no meaning whatsoever in Brisbane) for mid-Spring. Still, once I hit Rennes it was actually a beautiful day.

I thought for a while that I'd beaten the jetlag by staying awake so long and then getting a good whack of sleep on the Singapore-Paris leg, but around 4pm I lost all energy, and about 5:30pm I crashed for a few hours. I awoke, had some dinner, and played a little more WoW until around 11:30pm, but woke up pretty brightly around 3am. Hopefully tonight will be better.

No comments: