Friday 7 April 2006

back in a wide brown land

I'm back in the sunburnt country.

I spent a few days with mum & dad up in toowoomba, and got some time in for walks out around the dams through some really nice eucalypt forests.

On Wednesday I hit Bris'vegas to catch up with friends, to date Paul, Mick, Julz and a few others. I'm having lunch with the old Pegamento crowd today, possible beers at the RE this evening with the Mantara folks, and a barbecue tomorrow with Jesse and a few hangers on from the clans, before football in the evening with M&D again. I made a list of people I want to catch up with while I'm here, and its way longer than the time I've allocated, so there will no doubt be some casualties.

Despite said list, I don't feel quite as at home in Brisbane as I used to. That isn't to say that it isn't all familiar, but when I was here last time it still felt like it was my home town, but now I'm not so sure. I suppose its inevitable that with more and more time away I'd become more and more the nomad, but realising it is interesting.

No comments: