Thursday 15 September 2005

goddamn penguins

What the hell is going on with these goddamned penguins? Apparently now "La Marche de l'Empereur" is the highest US-grossing French film ever. I won't even attempt to list the myriad French productions that surpass it. Personally, my opinion might best be recapped as "fucking awful". Perhaps the explanation comes at the end of that BBC article:
In the French version of the film - which was shot by a four-man crew over 14 months - actors' voices speak for the penguins.

However the US version has been reworked, replacing the actors' voices with a narration by Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman.

I gotta confess, though, that I would have thought it would take a lot more than just re-doing the narration. Perhaps one day I'll check out the US version to see if its better. Or I could just gouge out my eyes with my bare hands.

No comments: