Monday 28 June 2004

Democrats video

Apparently the Australian Democrats have made a "short film" demanding parliamentary approval for future war activities. I have a bit of a soft spot for the Dems, in general, perhaps in an Australian barracking-for-the-underdog kind of way, but this film does them no favours. I think I can say this because I would have thought that I'm their target audience - swing voter with slightly leftist tendencies, a bit disillusioned by the major parties, etc. Unfortunately, the film itself is just incredibly bad. (Repeated attempts at witty analogy of the film's creator failed to truly capture the effect, and are omitted.)

In what may or may not have been a press release, Dems head Bartlett says:

"They don't rely on the large scale mass media to run them, but I think as Howard Dean showed, the use of the Internet skilfully can have a big impact."


Well, guess what? You have to do it well, or you just put people off. Shorts are not supposed to be pants! (Now there's a translation nightmare, if ever I saw one.)

No comments: