Tuesday 18 May 2004

Summer seems to have arrived: Its really hot, and sunny. Its quite beautiful outside, and the roses are starting to come out, but I'd personally prefer it a little cooler. Its starting to be too warm for long pants...

In light of these fine conditions, I passed the entire weekend indoors, renewing my acquaintance with Baldur's Gate 2. The Mac OS X version is a piece of crap, far too slow, crashes every couple of hours, and exhibits some weird behaviour from time to time. Still, its a pretty good game, and could keep me amused for weeks if Mum & Dad weren't arriving from Australia tomorrow.

Speaking of which, I have a large list of things to buy before they arrive, from a thermarest to food (of which I presently have almost none). At the moment its all down to tomorrow morning before their train gets in, since tonight has been provisionally set aside for Kill Bill 2.

2 comments:

Kerry Raymond said...

However, looking at your apartment photos, I see you have already planted the wattle in anticipation of the parental invasion. Or did you have a few leftover photos in your camera en arrival en France?

Jim said...

It looks like a wattle, but I think it might be something else, perhaps another sort of acacia. On closer inspection, the flowers aren't quite right for wattle. Its definitely a gum tree on the other side, though :)