Tuesday 24 February 2004

Weekend report incoming...

On Saturday, once again, I stayed in my room, read my book, and generally did bugger-all. The only change from previous comparable activities was that I actually managed to sleep in, despite cold feet again. I think the heater in my room must be stuffed - the kitchen and bathroom are both warmer, and don't even have their heaters at full power. Saturday night I went into town for dinner and a movie with Didier and Isabelle. The preferred créperie was mysteriously closed, but we found another (they are everywhere, after all). It was my first taste of proper crepes, and was a little underwhelming, to be honest, but naturally I didn't say so. The movie, Blue Planet, is reviewed in another post, but was OK but not great.

On Sunday afternoon, after I had done my French homework (its weird having homework again - its been a long time), Didier and I drove out to St Lunaire, near Dinard, and went for a walk on the beach. There is an 11m difference there between low and high tides, so because it was low tide we were able to walk out to the offshore islands that would at high tide be well-and truly inaccessible. The wind was blowing a gale, which made it pretty cold, but there was plenty to see, including the oyster and mussell farms, ruins of old battlements, and all the people in slicks out looking for shellfish. Afterwards we drove around a bit, and had another walk at Dinard.

No comments: